Hunters in the United States are becoming more interested in taking down coyotes and other predators because they are very difficult and fun. A hunter who wants to take down coyotes or any other predator must be equally as smart and versatile if they are to be successful. You, the hunter, need to be adaptive and intelligent. You’ll need to know what is the finest predator call to buy to be effective.
More than a decade has passed since electronic predator calls first appeared on the market. It was a problem that when recorded electronic calls first came out, they didn’t look good or sound real at all. As a result, they were less than ideal in drawing in animals.
E-calls have come a long way in the past several years.
E-calls are now incredibly realistic and available with remote controls to bring in even the most careful, crafty predator. If you acquire the greatest electronic predator call within your budget, and then commit yourself to how to utilise it, you’ll have equipped yourself with a HUGE edge over these ever-adapting beasts.
Following on this subject of technology, I have developed a list of the 6 greatest programmable electronic predator calls. When I say programmable, I mean that you can really load in your own sounds and patterns to completely customise your quest.
Advantages of Programmable Electronic Game Calls
Traditionally, most hunters have employed mouth calls made of a variety of materials such as wood, bone, horn, and even plastic. This has always been an effective form of calling for (1) highly trained hunters and (2) the less careful predators of yesteryear. In order to stay one step ahead of predators, you need to up your game these days.
- Traditional hand-calling methods take much training and effort to master. Electronic predator calls, on the other hand, provide a precisely constant animal or game call each time. The following are some of the benefits that e-calls provide:
- Ability to hold hundreds of calls of many different varieties; distress calls, mating calls, etc.
Manual, hand-held calls can fail if the wind is too strong or it is raining, while e-calls are built to survive even the harshest conditions. Electronic calls were designed to endure repeated submersion in muck and strong rainfall.
- Every one of the electronic calls in this post is programmable, which means that you can create your own bespoke calls and sequences to attract your chosen predator. To get the greatest results, we’ve found that a combination of distress sounds like low-frequency howling and yelping works well with our e-calls.
It’s easier to identify a stealthy coyote when you’re using an electronic call since you can concentrate your attention, especially your eyes, on the surroundings.
Reviews of Programmable Electronic Predator Calls: The Best of the Best!
There will be a programmed predator call that will be the greatest in the world. If you want to attract coyotes, you should not use the conventional stock calls like FOXPRO or Primos because they’ve heard them a million times before.
I’ve put together a list of the greatest programmed predator calls currently available.
ICOtec GEN2 GC500 Programmable Game Call - 200 Calls Included
- 300 Yard Remote Range - No Line of Sight Required!
- Includes 200 custom professional calls
- NEW Save up to 8 Calls in 2 Favorites Screens
- NEW Pause Call Button
- NEW On/Off Button & Screen Light (no more timer)
The GC500 is a superb unit for hunters of all ability levels. Up to 200 calls can be stored in the programmable memory cache, and 24 calls from Wildlife technologies are pre-loaded. Predator callers have reported success with bobcat, bear, coyote, fox, and wolf with this device, thus it is more than enough for most users.
This device is also ideal for attracting different species of animals, making it a very flexible item and one-stop shop for your game calling requirements. You can call crow, snow geese, white tails, and raccoons with this youngster.
This unit’s pup, jackrabbit, fawn, and crow distress calls are very effective in attracting coyotes drawn to distress signals. To conclude your hybrid call mix, try using a male coyote howl or yip. Coyotes won’t be able to ignore it!
Because you can operate the GC500 from as far away as 300 yards, you may remain undetected as predators make their approach to your stand. Because coyotes are notoriously wary creatures, utilising this call greatly reduces the risk of frightening them away.
Primes Alpha Dogg
Primos Hunting 3756 Alpha Dogg Electronic Predator Call
- Primos has been trusted by individuals for decades; Products that are made of quality material and designed to withstand the toughest environments; Trust the Brand that others in the field use and don't settle for less
- Quality materials used for all primos products
- 100 percent designed and tested for the toughest situations and environments
- The Primos Alpha Dogg Electronic Call is made of rugged plastic and is easily portable
- Rotating directional speaker system for dynamic, realistic sounds
The Alpha Dogg is a caller that hunters dream of. It is pre-loaded with 75 calls and has a maximum capacity of 1,000. (2 GB memory). The speaker system on the Alpha Dogg is one of a kind; it covers an area of 80 degrees, making it stand out from the crowd. This gadget may be controlled from up to 200 yards away from your hunting stand.
This Primos caller also features auxiliary jacks for playing bespoke calls through a USB link. There is a beginning set of 75 calls included, and you can quickly switch up the call sequence in the woods to suit the circumstances. When attempting to entice an approaching coyote, it’s often helpful to be able to switch up your approach.
Some hunters call the Primos Alpha Dogg a “virtual Rosetta stone” of the coyote language. By altering your call sequences, you can virtually chat to the coyotes to attract them in. Female whimpers, coyote pup yips, seranade howls, and coyote distress calls are all perfectly reproduced by this device. All you need to get a coyote to come look around is these calls.
Predator calls can’t be customised in the same manner with portable calls, as you can see in the video.
FOXPRO Shockwave American Made Electronic Predator Call
- Fox motion mimic moving prey by fading sound from left speaker to right one, Fox Fusion Mix match any two sounds of your choice
- Fox pitch manipulate the "pitch" of any sound in an effort to trigger a response, cast virtually hands-free calling with Fox cast sequence files
- Fox Bang automatically maps your caller to a predetermined setting after discharging your firearm
- 2 Reentrant horn speakers, 2 Tweeters, File formats MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, 24B, and FXP
- 100 preloaded sounds (1000 capacity), operates on 10 AA batteries
With two tweeters and two horn speakers, the FOXPRO Shockwave is a four-speaker system designed to deliver the ULTIMATE in sound quality and loudness. Additional volume may be provided by two external jacks on this device, but trust us when we say it is LOUD.
A total of 1,000 FOXPRO sounds may be stored and programmed into the Shockwave. This unit includes a gorgeous full colour graphic LCD screen, which allows you to navigate through your sound list/categories with ease. There are a tonne of other features, like a temperature sensor, moon phase indicator, barometers, and more.
One of the greatest aspects of the Shockwave is the unique FOXMOTION technology, which helps you “sell” the realism of your calls by shifting/fading the volume left-to-right.
You may learn from prior hunts and improve your performance by utilising the high-quality sound mixing and pitch modulation that this device offers, as well as the data collecting (temperature, barometer, moon phase, length, etc). If you’re serious about coyote hunting, the Shockwave is an excellent investment.
Primos Turbo Dogg
Primos Hunting 3755 Turbo Dogg Electronic Predator Call
- Rotating no distortion speaker
- Electronic predator call with 36 sounds and 4 preprogrammed Expert Hunts
- Each Expert Hunt features a 10- to 20-minute call sequence for attracting animals
- Produces long-reaching, ultra-realistic frequency ranges to maximize sound projection
- Easy-to-use remote with 150-yard range; includes USB port for downloading sounds
The Primos Turbo Dogg caller is a single-speaker call that has 36 pre-programmed calls. The Primos library of predator and game calls may be stored in this unit’s rotating speaker, which has a maximum power output of 25 watts.
The Turbo Dogg contains a simple-to-operate remote control with an approximately 200 yard range, as well as a programmable Decoy Button to vary your calls and sequences as your search progresses. This sort of functionality is exclusive to this caller and isn’t found anyplace else in the market. Importantly, this is an extremely portable caller, and can fit into a duffel or rucksack.
The Turbo Dogg also comes loaded with 4 expert hunt routines that are each roughly 20 minutes long. They were created and tested by the greatest of the best, Team Primos (including Randy Andersen), so you may feel like you’re out calling with them.
Icotec GEN2 GC350 Programmable Game Call - 24 Call Capacity
- 300-yard remote range - no line of sight required
- NEW call pause button (Pause and restart where the sound left off.)
- Includes 24 professional calls
- NEW ON/OFF backlit buttons for night hunting
- Free access to hundreds of professional sounds
The ICOtec GC350 delivers you “better for less” – and it shows in its cheaper price point. This device is perfect for beginning hunters and experienced alike.
It is proven at attracting coyote, bobcat, fox, wolf, bear, raccoon, deer, snow geese, wild turkey, and more. Being able to choose from so many different types of calls gives you the freedom to isolate yourself even while you’re not at home. You may now focus all of your concentration on maximising your hunt.
This item has a 300 yard remote control range and enables for up to 24 preset calls. It also comes with 24 sounds made by Wildlife Technologies. An extra auxiliary port on the unit itself and a fake activator on the remote allow you to use the device with a second speaker if desired.
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for the finest programmable electronic predator calls on the market today, we hope this article has been useful in your search. Each of these units has a coyote on call. Each and every one of them is of the highest calibre, as we can attest. None are really tough to learn, while having AWESOME features and adaptability.
My favourite here has has to be the Primos Alpha Dogg, even if it is the largest and (second) most costly on our list. The ICOtec GC500 is my pick for a more affordable, on-the-go call. Both of these calls have received fantastic reviews, so there’s no reason not to use them.