I hunt for a living and hunting Coyote is one of my favorite hobbies (just like you guys). During my span of hunting, I have come across many e-call devices like FOXPRO Inferno and others. I also gave Primos Turbo Dogg a shot due to the high demand in the market so here is my in-depth Primos Turbo Dogg Call review.
I’ll try to explain my whole experience with the Primos Turbo Dogg device through this article like How Good Does It Work, What are the Advantage and Disadvantages of Using Primos Turbo Dogg in a real field, and Should You Purchase It? So, stick around for the Primos Turbo Dogg electronic predator call review.
Primos Turbo Dogg
Get It Now
- 35 Preloaded Sound
- 4 Pre-Programmed Expert Hunt
- Up to 700 Yards Range Of Call
Good Decision to Buy
- 35 Preloaded Sound
- Fully Remote Controlled
- Up to 700 Yards Of Range
- Very Easy To Use
- 4 Pre-Programmed Expert Hunt
- 1 Year Of Warranty
Key Features of Primos Turbo Dogg Call
Whether or not to buy the Primos Turbo Dogg electronic game call would depend on a few factors. Here are some things to consider:
- Your hunting needs: The Primos Turbo Dogg is designed to attract predators like coyotes, bobcats, and foxes. If you are a predator hunter and are looking for an electronic call to help you with your hunts, this could be a good option for you.
- Your hunting style: The Primos Turbo Dogg has a range of up to 150 yards, so it can be used for both close-range and long-range calling. If you prefer to call predators from a distance, this could be a good fit for you.
- Your budget: The Primos Turbo Dogg is priced in the mid-range compared to other electronic game calls on the market. If you are on a tight budget, you may want to consider a less expensive option.
- Your experience level: Using an electronic game call requires some level of skill and experience. If you are new to predator hunting, you may want to start with a simpler hand or mouth call before investing in an electronic call like the Primos Turbo Dogg.
Overall, the Primos Turbo Dogg is a well-reviewed electronic game call that has a range of features, including 36 pre-programmed calls, an easy-to-use remote, and a built-in decoy. If you are a serious predator hunter and are looking for a high-quality electronic call, it could be a good option for you. However, as with any hunting equipment, it’s important to carefully consider your needs and budget before making a purchase.
How Was My Experience With Primos Turbo Dogg E-Call Device
After using multiple e-call device, I came across Primos Turbo Dogg device. At first sight, it was sweeet, small in size almost as big as my hand. One thing that impressed me quite well that it has a color of Camouflage which is so good that it almost goes unidentified in the field.
The main unit itself and the device is so compact and lightweight that they are very easy to carry anywhere you want. There is a slot in the main unit that can hold the remote control which I really like. It has 35 sounds in inbuild which I guess is quite low as compared to its competitors, I had to download and install one of my necessary animal sound.
You know having 4 complete expert hunts sound in the device was very helpful for me. It really helped me in my hunt. The main unit (Primos Turbo Dogg) uses 8 AA batteries and its remote control uses 3 AA batteries. I noticed it drains the battery power a lot faster but the low battery indicator keeps showing me.
Overall, Primos Turbo Dogg fulfilled my whole hunt need and it was a complete package for me. Now, let’s talk about the Primos Turbo Dogg electronic predator call reviews in depth.
In-Depth Primos Turbo Dogg Review
How Is Sound Quality?
Animal sound quality is pretty much original. It was very hard for me to differentiate between the original sound of the animals and the sound coming from Primos Turbo Dogg. Sound really matters in the e-calls and this beast gets get the full marks for that.
How Is The Connectivity Thing?
Let’s talk about the connectivity feature now, it got all the “most-usable” features in it. It has two ports. One port is to connect an external speaker in case you need louder noise for your hunt (sometimes I use an external speaker because I go to some big terrain). The second port is for a decoy. Not all hunters use this decoy feature but some do like me and it really helps me sometimes. I think this “connectivity” feature is one of my favorite features on the entire Primos Turbo Dogg device.
How Great The Remote Control Is?
Sweet and simple remote control Primos Turbo Dogg have. You can learn all about the remote just by looking at it. All the main buttons are there like the Navigation button, Power, Volume control button, Mute button with other buttons are there. There is no brainer in understanding the function of it. The Primos Turbo Dogg’s remote has a quite long range which is really impressive.
You can select your favorite animal sound, mute the animal sound, change the animal sound or navigate to other function with just few clicks. I really liked the simple design and functionality of the remote.
Animal Sound Quality and Quantity?
You get the best quality possible of animals whether it is of Crows, Elk, Deer or Coyotes. When I checked the list of all the preinstalled animal sounds, I found that there are 35 animal sounds in it which were quite low according to me because some other e call devices are providing more than that but what I liked that you can add up to 500 animal sounds in it.
On my testing, I found out that you can hear the Primos Turbo Dogg sound over 700 yards away on a flat surface but in rain or snow this distance gets reduced.
How Good/Bad Build Quality It Has?
The first time, you hold this device, it is so compact that you can easily fit it in your hand if you have a normal size hand. It weighs around 3 pounds. Its body is quite tough and durable which lasts quite longer. I have Primos Turbo Dogg for few months and only a few scratches are there on the body.
Pre-Programmed Expert Hunts (My Personal Favorite)
Let’s talk about my favorite feature of Primos Turbo Dogg which separates it from the rest of the e-calls in the market. This device comes with Expert Hunt in many sounds like Randy Anderson himself calling for you, other than Randy Anderson there are several other Primos team members sounds are included as well. Every Expert Hunt call range from 10 to 20 minute in length.
What’s The Primos Turbo Dogg Electronic Predator Device Call Range?
Now, let me tell you guys about the range of the remote control of the Primos Turbo Dogg and the range of the sound coming out of the Primos Turbo Dogg itself.
I have personally noticed that you can control the main unit with the help of its remote at a range of 100 to 150 yards. You can also hear the animal sound coming out of the main unit far from 700 yards. So, if any of your hunt is far enough 700 yards, he can hear your device call, isn’t it great!
Let’s Discuss Warranty Of Primos Turbo Dogg
It just comes with 1 year of limited manufacturer warranty.
Pros and Cons Of Primos Turbo Dogg 3755 E-Call Electronic Device
- It features a slot that can hold the remote control.
- The main unit and its remote control are so small, compact in size, and lightweight that you can hold it completely in your hand and travel.
- It has a single horn speaker with a single 25W amplifier.
- It includes 35 preinstalled animal sound with great quality.
- It also has 4 complete Expert Hunt calls.
- You can create your own sequence and can set your favorites
- You can also store up to 500 animal sounds in it.
- It comes with 2 ports of connectivity, one is for external speakers and the other is for a decoy.
- The animal sound coming out of the main unit can reach up to 500 to 700 yards.
- The remote control has a range of 100 to 150 yards.
- You can change the display screen color from standard green to red for night hunting.
- While using this device at night, I noticed one thing. It shines a red LED light which can be not so good for night hunting.
- For some hunters, the price may be a big turn off. I also kinda felt that it is quite costlier.
- Wrong position of the speaker. It reflects sunlight so I’ll suggest you to avoid using the main unit in direct sunlight.
So, Should You Consider Buying Primos Turbo Dogg Device?
Well! Yes, you can buy it. Great device with amazing features but it is quite costlier. I didn’t have to face any malfunction while using in my hunting period.
After using Primos Turbo Dogg device for several months and in different weather, I shared my experience with you above and tried to cover all the traits of this device. This device is great but please let me know your thoughts too on it in the comment section. Would you buy it for yourself? Let’s have a great discussion in the comment section.
Primos Turbo Dogg Detailed Review